Tuition Reimbursement Policy
At HACM we believe learning is a priority, and fundamental to our success. Through the Tuition Reimbursement Program, we are committed to supporting your continued development, development, helping you reach your full potential and grow with the Organization.
After successful completion of the Introductory Period, tuition reimbursement is available to full-time employees to prepare for job-related license and certification or career advancement.
Continuing your education is important throughout life. HACM’s Tuition Reimbursement Program supports your continued education and advancement. The program reimburses approved courses, up to a maximum of $1,500 per calendar year. Funds do not roll over to the next year.
- BEFORE your course begins, you will need to undergo a preliminary review of eligibility for reimbursement. For full detail of eligibility, see your employee handbook or contact an HR representative.
- Download the HACM Tuition Benefit PRE-APPROVAL Tuition form, obtain your supervisor's approval and attach your course description.
- You must submit your completed PRE-APPROVAL Request form and supporting documentation to the HR Department for review and processing PRIOR TO YOUR COURSE START DATE**.
- AFTER your course ends, submit a request for reimbursement. Download and complete the Tuition Assistance Program REIMBURSEMENT REQUEST form from the Employee Portal.
- Provide a copy of your final grade, which must be a "C" or "Pass/Fail" higher and an itemized/detailedreceipt(s), to HACM Human Resources no later eight (8) weeks from the course end date.
- Allow four to six weeks for reimbursement processing. Approved reimbursements will be paid by check.
Job Related Requirements
For your reimbursement request to be approved, one of the following conditions must be met:
- Your supervisor certifies that courses at an UNDERGRADUATE level are related to your present position or reasonable promotion objectives.
- Your supervisor certifies that courses at a GRADUATE level are DIRECTLY related to your current position.
- Courses must be taken at accredited intuitions or schools.
When Your Employment Ends
- You must remain in the service of HACM for six months after receiving tuition reimbursement or the amount reimbursed will be deducted from your final paycheck.
- The Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee has the right to alter, discontinue, or vary the tuition reimbursement program at any time. Acceptance into the tuition reimbursement program does not constitute an employment contract with the Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee.