8 Reasons to Become a Section 8 Landlord!
You might be surprised to know that 2,000 landlords provide housing for more than 5,800 households through the Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee's Housing Choice Voucher Program, commonly known as Section 8 Rent Assistance. Participation in this program benefits both tenants and owners. Consider the following:
- Your monthly rental payments are guaranteed. A check is mailed to you by the Housing Authority on or near the first of the month.
- Although a federal subsidy is provided to the tenant, the Section 8 program is a program based in the private market. Rental rates are based upon the local market up to certain maximum limits.
- We pre-screen new tenants, including criminal background history.
- Your property is inspected at no cost to you.
- Section 8 tenants are expected to comply with your lease and can be terminated from the program.
- You may rent to as many or as few Section 8 tenants as you choose.
- You are helping to provide quality and affordable housing opportunities for families.
- It's just good business!
Interested in making your rental unit available? Call (414) 286-5659 today!